Who We Are
At Encounter Church, our mission is to serve and share the love of Jesus with the community, following His example of selfless service (Mark 10:45). We are dedicated to fulfilling this mission through various means:
We strive to build a local church where members enter into covenant relationships, providing support and guidance.
We are committed to discipling our members by imparting the foundation of God’s Word, empowering them to grow in their faith.
We equip and empower our members for the work of ministry, encouraging them to use their unique gifts and talents to serve others.
We raise up prophetic leaders who are passionate about winning souls and making disciples through fervent prayer and intercession.
We actively send our members on outreaches, starting within our own community, to spread the love of Christ and bring transformation.
Encounter Church is a non-denominational, multi-cultural, and generational community of individuals from diverse walks of life. Our primary focus is to facilitate encounters with the living God. We boldly declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, and we believe in the power and guidance of the Holy Spirit, who dwells within us. Just as the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, we have experienced His glory, full of grace and truth (John 1:14).
Statement of Faith
At Encounter Church, we hold firm to the following beliefs:
- We believe in the divine inspiration and infallibility of the Bible, the Word of God. We acknowledge one God, existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).
- We believe in Jesus Christ as the Savior of humanity, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He is both fully God and fully man (Matthew 1:18, Luke 1:35).
- We affirm that Christ died for our sins, was buried, rose again on the third day, and appeared to His disciples (1 Corinthians 15:3-9).
- We anticipate the bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, His exaltation, and His personal, literal, and bodily return for the Church (Acts 1:1-3, 8-11, John 14:2-6).
- We believe in the salvation of sinners by God’s grace through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross at Calvary, by which we obtain the remission of sins (Acts 2:38, Matthew 26:28).
- We affirm the necessity of water baptism by immersion in the name of the Eternal Godhead, fulfilling the command of Christ (John 3:5).
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience subsequent to salvation, with the Scriptural evidence of speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
- We acknowledge the operation of the gifts of the Spirit as outlined in 1 Corinthians 12-14, as manifested in the Early Church. We also believe in the healing of the body by divine power, as practiced in the Early Church (Acts 2:38, 1 Corinthians 14:15, Acts 2:4).
- We partake in the Table of the Lord, commonly known as Communion or the Lord’s Supper, for believers (1 Corinthians 11:26-28).
- We believe in eternal life for believers (John 5:24, John 3:16). Additionally, we acknowledge the punishment for unbelievers (Mark 9:43-48, 2 Thessalonians 1:9, Revelation 20:10-15).